Cannot manipulate key objects because "I'm being chased"... but I'm not

Cannot manipulate key objects because "I'm being chased"... but I'm not

Kristin
I just got to the New Building and saved right before opening up the large catwalk/gym room. The new janitor with the hat is on the other side, coming down from the top. He finds me no matter where I hide or how stealthy I am, but I can manage to lose him. When I went into the dance room and tried to put the CD in the player, the reticle becomes a crossed circle and tells me "It is impossible to do this while you are being chased." But I had previously lost the janitor; I.E. I am not being chased. I've watched him saunter off and open another door and leave the area completely. I cannot advance without manipulating key objects, obviously, and every time I reload, it's the same result. I could certainly use some advanced help here at this point.

Re: Cannot manipulate key objects because "I'm being chased"... but I'm not

hgdagon
Well, yeah, the game is not glitch-free, especially today. If you say you try more than once, I'd suggest you "force find" the janitor yourself, lead him to the higher floors, and lose him there. Otherwise you may have to start from an earlier savegame.