Crash as soon as I beat the plant boss?

Danielmus
This post was updated on .
Hello!

I am new to this forum, so sorry if I make any mistakes. :P

I'm trying to get into speed-running this game (As well as playing it normally), but my game always crashes when I beat the first boss, which is rather annoying since I'm playing on hard mode with no saves!
I'm running Windows 10 x64 bit, I have Whiteday.reg installed and am using Locale Emulator to play the game because of AppLocales Win10 shenanigans.

I've tried everything on the FAQ and multiple installs but it refuses to work! I've tried Dx7 HAL and Dx8 GTX 970 to no success. Also multiple re-installs. :(

Thanks in advance!

Re: Crash as soon as I beat the plant boss?

hgdagon
Locale Emulator is the only way to go, AppLocale doesn't work under Win10. As for speedrunning, that's pretty much impossible, the game reall doesn't like it when you try to skip/miss a cutscene or an event, or something like that.
I'd suggest getting Korean Windows XP (98, if you can get it), and play in a virtual machine.

Re: Crash as soon as I beat the plant boss?

Danielmus
I've tried playing it normal speed too but I still crash at the same part, though it used to run fine. I'll try running it on a virtual machine and see if that works. Thanks!

I assume it has something to do with Win10. You're the second person, that says the game crashes after the Tree, and it has never happened to me. I'm on Win7.
I can't actually test it anyway to give you an specific help. So, for starters, make sure you have Unnamed's latest patch, install exactly as specified, and then switch the "Cheat Mode" back and forth wherever the game crashes. Hope that helps

Re: Crash as soon as I beat the plant boss?

Danielmus
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the reason, it ran fine on Win7 for me too.

I've attempted cheat mode to but no dice unfortunately, I'm going to set up a VM today but there must be some way to get it working properly on Win10.

Thanks for your help!