Creating a wep to ent converter.

BimmyLarter
This post was updated on .
If someone made a wep to ent converter could half life one use the .pet files? I'm looking into testing it by adding one object into the .ent by hand.

*edit*

I'm having trouble finding out how to import the ent file. hmm I think I might have an idea though
*// Yeah ripent can import too. duh lol

*// well I don't see the model for the door I put in, maybe because the filename was in korean or something with the file paths. I don't know.

Re: Creating a wep to ent converter.

hgdagon
.pet is a Sonnori internal file format, no Quake-derivative engine supports it. In theory, if you covert .pet files to .mdl, have a correct .ent file, the map will run. The main problem here is not the models, it's script and animation.

Re: Creating a wep to ent converter.

BimmyLarter
Yeah, but getting desk in their places and doors their too would be cool. However having to convert each one would take a while.

Re: Creating a wep to ent converter.

hgdagon
Well, I'm no coder, but considering the similarity of the structures (wep/ent), creating a simple converter tool wouldn't be difficult...