Hidden "objects"

12

Hidden "objects"

RavenP
This post was updated on .
Hello, I just recently finished White Day (got the terrible Ebony ending... and I thought I treated Seong-ha nicely!) and I played the 2000 "demo" beta. Having searched everywhere for more recent betas (the demo provided here is dated 2000-07-24 from the scripts foldier) I just found random videos on youtube. Then I noticed an MP3 player which was fully functional, and a pendant. Both werent in the final release. So I got curious and I extracted the data foldier from whiteday100.nop, and it turns out, Sonnori is just like Capcom, they release the full game with TONS of info and unused beta suff inside their cd.
There are lots of textures for chara not used and some objects.

So I was wondering, is there any way to enable the mp3 player back? I saw a video where it was supposed to be found - near the photocopier at the beginning of the game - and there are even the full mp3s in the mp3 foldier still able to be found!
Also, is there a custom .pet file opener? I'm pretty sure there are more objects but not knowing korean I cant say what they are. I'd love to take a look at the 3D models.

On a side note, I saw a cat and a chicken. The cat textures in the "demo" are normal, while in the final game are bloody - probably was a zombie cat in the end? - and the chicken has full textures for the body. Was it mean to be a scare too? Are there info on the poor pets?

EDIT: I have also noticed by browsing the nop files that there is a special GAME OVER screen for when another character dies. So was it possible to accompany other characters out? I see three game overs for 3 different girls with still images animations. So this means that they could go with you and die? Very interesting concept...

Re: Hidden "objects"

hgdagon
RavenP wrote
...I just found random videos on youtube. Then I noticed an MP3 player which was fully functional, and a pendant. Both werent in the final release.
MP3 Player is in the final release, you can find it in the room after defeating "the tree". In the video, he gets the pendant with a cheat code. That code is still available in the final release. Also, if you're wondering, THERE ARE NO other demos, whether leaked or officially released, except for the 0.81 demo version which is EXACTLY the same as the final version, but ends with the Na Yeong hanging scene.

RavenP wrote
So I got curious and I extracted the data foldier from whiteday100.nop, and it turns out, Sonnori is just like Capcom, they release the full game with TONS of info and unused beta suff inside their cd.
There are lots of textures for chara not used and some objects.

So I was wondering, is there any way to enable the mp3 player back? I saw a video where it was supposed to be found - near the photocopier at the beginning of the game - and there are even the full mp3s in the mp3 foldier still able to be found!
Congratulations, most people in this forum are fully aware of the .nop files' contents. As I said above, the MP3 Player is in the game.

RavenP wrote
Also, is there a custom .pet file opener? I'm pretty sure there are more objects but not knowing korean I cant say what they are. I'd love to take a look at the 3D models.
There is a 3DS MAX plugin, intended for a game called pangya (which also uses .pet files), one of the users of this forum stated that it does work for WhiteDay models. Personally I haven't tested it yet, since I only have Blender. If you're interested I can e-mail you some useful tools.

RavenP wrote
On a side note, I saw a cat and a chicken. The cat textures in the "demo" are normal, while in the final game are bloody - probably was a zombie cat in the end? - and the chicken has full textures for the body. Was it mean to be a scare too? Are there info on the poor pets?
Some people say the cat was supposed to be in the toilets. A fan patch, though, can place the cat in the vents. Not really a scare, and pretty much useless. The chicken is one of the outfits for the janitors. I haven't yet found a way to activate it or a proof that it cannot be activated.

RavenP wrote
EDIT: I have also noticed by browsing the nop files that there is a special GAME OVER screen for when another character dies. So was it possible to accompany other characters out? I see three game overs for 3 different girls with still images animations. So this means that they could go with you and die? Very interesting concept...
Depending on your choices, one of the girls may decide to stay with you for a short time. If one of them gets killed by the janitor, you'll see the Game Over Screen with them "graciously" falling

Re: Hidden "objects"

RavenP.
Thanks for the answer. Well I didnt browse the forum enough to be aware of the contents of the nop files. I would be very interested in those plug ins. Also since I see the format for maps and textures is wad and bsp I really hope that the Half Life tools for modding can be used to make new levels or edit the existing ones.

By the way I would be terrified to be chased by a giant chicken janitor XD

Re: Hidden "objects"

hgdagon
RavenP. wrote
Thanks for the answer. Well I didnt browse the forum enough to be aware of the contents of the nop files. I would be very interested in those plug ins.
https://mega.co.nz/#!2dhSEQSR!S8YH8SmzWKFAoSgBvHyJO3GxCaJeS8MLM3XkwMXwcso
https://mega.co.nz/#!udg2XCxb!GOtiaWZF5dnU6LmX9GG_g1txW3ty3wTG4vZsJNThbhM
As I said, I haven't tested them out.
RavenP. wrote
Also since I see the format for maps and textures is wad and bsp I really hope that the Half Life tools for modding can be used to make new levels or edit the existing ones.
Yes, you can view the content of the wad, I would recommend Dragon Unpacker for that, many other wad viewers should work too. You can load the *.bsp's in Quark, but I wouldn't recommend editing them, since you will have to edit the *.wep files by hand. The engine totally disregards the entities section of the bsp, and substitutes them with the *.wep file, which is formatted a bit different than a regular *.ent file.
Many Quake engine tools will work and so will most of Half-Life engine specific tools. The game uses BSP version 222 (Half-Life format), so.... have a good time. You can also copy the *bsp's and *.wad's to a separate folder and run them through FTEQW Engine (I recommend this one), and you will find a couple of maps that didn't make the final cut!
I have done all the above , so I'm sure it's gonna work. If you have problems, comment back. The *.mtn (motion) format seems to be an inside format of Sonnori's, I haven't yet figured how to open or edit them.
RavenP. wrote
By the way I would be terrified to be chased by a giant chicken janitor XD
Actually, it's just a chicken mask, not a whole chicken. Some old screenshots show the janitor wearing it. Yes, if I can find a way to activate it, I'll let you know ;)

Re: Hidden "objects"

RavenP.
Mh I see. So the only maps that are not available are basically the 3 maps that were supposed to function as multiplayer. Quite impressive work though for the time. My intention was actually to recreate the multiplayer aspect of White Day on the GoldSource Engine of Half Life, since its so cheap now (like, 4 euro or equivalent) and the effort would be not too costly. Steam servers would be useful for this task. I have been modding HL and quake-related engines to death for over 10 years so...

Anyway, it looks like only lights, func_breakable and func_wall (of course!) would be recognized by the "normal" bsp. All the rest is defined in wep eh. Well not much of a problem.

The plugin doesnt work by the way, not on my 3DSMAX9 32 bit at least. Oh well.

Re: Hidden "objects"

hgdagon
Well, what makes you think they were for multiplayer? Some multiplayer maps can be found in mod_beanbag*.nop files, though.

Recreating multiplayer? I think there's no info on how multiplayer White Day looked like. Did you find something?

P.S. Just checked. The plugin is for 3DS MAX 2010

Re: Hidden "objects"

RavenP.
Well the "level" structure is so basic and the roads to the top or bottom of the building / train are so large it could very well be for multiplayer, I assume it out of common sense and level design choices. Could be wrong though.

Thanks for the info in the plug in btw. And no, I dont have any new info - wish I had - but one could very well imagine how it worked, a team of janitors vs a team of students playing hide and seek with baseball bats and "janitor revenge" items hahah. I cant imagine any other type of multi really.

Re: Hidden "objects"

hgdagon
RavenP. wrote
...I cant imagine any other type of multi really.
Well, did you try running  Oh!Jaemi?

Re: Hidden "objects"

RavenP.
Yes I did but all I see are two error messages in korean and then the game exit to desktop.

Re: Hidden "objects"

hgdagon
RavenP. wrote
...all I see are two error messages in korean and then the game exit to desktop.
Start Game -> LAN Game -> New Game -> Start

Internet Game is not possible, since the server is dead for more than 10 years already. For that reason, Oh!Jaemi wasn't included in the Romance of Package (Latest, 2004) release of White Day.
12