Is this forum still alive?

12

Is this forum still alive?

Edrikhtg
Hi. I just finished the game and later i found out this forum and an unfinished wiki about white day. I just wanna know whether this forum still alive or not because i wanna ask something about the ghosts. I mean, i saw the lady's head but where are the others like Mi-Suk? I also found something that i can't take, a cigar box(?) at one of the restrooms. And i hope the update of the latest released, is Unnamned still working on it or he's done with it because he becomes paranoid for seeing ghostly things too much or else?

NB : Sorry for being too formal.
Palobina and Eun-mi's corpse at the end of the song. Just more than perfect.

Re: Is this forum still alive?

hgdagon
Hi, short answers:
1. Mostly dead.
2. No other ghosts in game
3. You cannot take the cigarette box. Yeundo High School has a strict policy about students smoking in the toilet!
4. John is living his real life, atm, and does not wish to be bothered. I'm sure we will hear from him in the future.

Re: Is this forum still alive?

Edrikhtg
Wow. Short. Thanks bro. I guess i have to work alone then....

NB : Well, i don't know if it's a cigar box or what but definitely there are small boxes at the top of a toilet's door that i can't examined or picked up. It's suppose to be in one of the bathrooms in the first chapter or second one, so if you're still interested, just reply.
Palobina and Eun-mi's corpse at the end of the song. Just more than perfect.

Re: Is this forum still alive?

Edrikhtg
Ehm, Hi again. I think it's a little bit late for this but i hope i can actually bring some old texture to a remake or something. Would you like to give me some tools and advices for it? I really appreciate it if you do.

NB : Sorry for a such formal language.
Palobina and Eun-mi's corpse at the end of the song. Just more than perfect.

Re: Is this forum still alive?

MagicalGentleman
Hi, for what it's worth I still hang around too, I just lurk though as there's not much I can really contribute.

( I'm subscribed to an RSS feed of the entire forum orz )

Re: Is this forum still alive?

Edrikhtg
Damn. I hope John wouldn't ditching out from this. Since i'm pressing the new game button, i know this game is someway special. Probably we can make of something like a remake or a reboot. Sequel, not good because it's like most great movie followed by a worst sequel that usually released 5 years or 2 months after the first movie which is not great. Believe me, sequel is not gonna work, at all. But a remake, especially with a new engine, probably gonna work because we can altered the story, change the character appearance, and many more advantages. I hope if somebody is not going to make something of it, i guess i have an obligation to make something, soon or later. Now, i just need some tools to make it. Would somebody inform me the tools? Especially nopunpack.exe. I've been look for the whole fu>>ing internet for this, and it is not here or there and in some sites it said that it's a file from Nikon pictures and Nokia smart shoot. Well, but i guess you guys make it with this nopunpack.exe, so i'm gonna stick to it. If anybody has it, please reply...

NB: -Sorry for such a formal language
- I have a thought of John might be crazed or possessed by textures of the game. Heh, just sayin....
Palobina and Eun-mi's corpse at the end of the song. Just more than perfect.

Re: Is this forum still alive?

hgdagon
Well, I'm still working on the retexture project. I'm not posting anything, since the last post went as silent as it could, so I don't see any need to show off undone/half-done material. I never thought about a sequel, but I thought a lot about about porting the game to a more modern engine, which will up opportunities... I think episodic stories about occurrences in the school is the only way to go. But that would involve contacting Yi Yeonsok, and, providing he's down, get a wider idea about the the project, scrapped versions' scenarios, and so forth. And the more I think of it, the more impossible it feels. Retexture alone won't do much, the needs bsp editing.

Re: Is this forum still alive?

Edrikhtg
Hi. Sorry for being dumb, but i have a few dumb questions.
- Is Yi Yeonsok is the Sonnori co. director? Do we have to ask his permission or something? Its product's right has gone to nowhere and already been stated as abandonware, right?
- What is scrapped versions' scenario? Does it mean like something in game design or story?
- Probably, i have to disagree with you there. I think that those ghost notes is not serve as part of the main story. It should just be something that unlocked in the end of the game, or a trigger to spawn the ghost, or a DLC. For the first and the third idea, i have an idea that we can save them (the 'victims') from being a ghost, so when we play it for the second time, the ghost are no more and playing the game is getting easier, which of course this is not gonna be a public statement.
I'm really glad there are somebody who still want to bring this alive, although he concludes that this is impossible, but i really appreciate it. This game should be the best horror game ever than any other games if somebody can pull this off and yeah, it's a great idea to port it into a more recent engine. I've been thinking several candidates of engines like Terror Engine and Unreal 5. Maybe the trickiest part is the ghosts because it's need something more than an ordinary coding for that. Well, that's it. I'm looking forward for any replies.

NB : -Sorry for a formal and bad language.
- hgdragon, do you have any tools or programs that can unpack nop files? I saw in one post you have it. Can you please just tell me where to find it? Please.
Palobina and Eun-mi's corpse at the end of the song. Just more than perfect.

Re: Is this forum still alive?

hgdagon
I really don't know how to answer the question about permission. It is unknown to whom the game copyright belongs as of today. It is listed on NTREEV Soft's webpage, and that's it, no other info, whatsoever. Quite frankly, I think, nobody cares as of today, they're like "We've got our MMORPG games, and our kick-ass MMO Golf game, so we don't don't care about games released on CD 15 years ago." BTW, the kick-ass Golf game, PANGYA, runs on updated version of White Day engine. Any way to port White Day itself to this new engine? Nope, everything is closed source. But, Quake is an open source engine, with many up-to-date engines, and my personal opinion is that's the only "right" way to go, should someone  port White Day to 21st century. It would still be difficult, but a lot easier than with other engines, it would also keep the "feel" of the game.

I would suggest that you read this Wikia. Especially the part about the "Dev versions". These were versions of White Day, that the Korean censorship banned for being too scary (which sound ridiculous, I know). And this is why I think it would be right to contact Yi Yeunsok. He's the guy behind White Day, and I would really like to know where he wanted to take the game, but was never allowed to.

I want the game to be episodic, because I feel that neither Hiu-Min, nor the girls, nor the Master are main characters of the game; it's the school. And would really like to know what other creepy and bizarre stuff happened there (I hear a squeaky voice saying "Dream on, little boy...").

Of course, all this only works on theory. It would take more than a desire to start a Whie Day remake project. People have tried before.

As for the tools, I have them on my cloud drive.

P.S. What's your native language, you say?

Re: Is this forum still alive?

Edrikhtg
Hi. So there is no way to port it into a more recent engines like Unity or Unreal? I agree that Quake engine feels more because that its the original engine (some said that its engine is a modification of Half Life and Half Life is a modification of Quake), but people, in these days, need more detailed in things like more polygons, realistic models and lightings etc. So, Quake engine should be the last thing to consider.
The scares in the game, from what i think, is all about randomness. We need to add more non-scripted AI like the Janitors and, especially, the ghosts. Why i feel the game less scary is because the lack of ghosts and i think it's supposed to be the iconic antagonists. Well, the game is scary but i still feel like something missing and i think it's because of that.
Then we want to make remake, in which we can altered the story, just like movies. We should make things first like scripting (not coding), character's new design, school's new layout, classes' new layout, and else before we come to Yi Yeonsok. I have a few ideas in scares and one ending but i still don't get any idea in story part. Probably i have to change the title to take more souls because we need people here but i don't want to fill this post with people with some BS. So, i guess it's opened for people that read this page only. Then we need a Korean contact that can find Yi Yeonsok, persuade him to have a video confrence with us. I think of one person though and i will try to contact him as soon as we get our own concept. An episodic, still i really have to say that i totally disagree with that. I think that we should left the real story 'in the shadows' for people just guessing what's going on. Like FNAF, Silent Hill, or Resident Evil, they don't tell the story from the beginning but they make it really, really subtle and their fans still scouring over the game to find some possibly new things.
I want to make this real, even though it seems impossible but still, at least we can make another game that essentially is White Day. If it's not a successor, at least we can make a spiritual successor. Well, that said. What do you think?

NB : -Sorry for a such bad and formal language.
- I'm from a place that has many seas. (Sorry for the cryptic message)
- Thanks bro for the tools. I really appreciate it.
- Oh! I forgot to name one engine, what about Fox Engine? (Just sayin'......)