Other Horror Games

Seth
I've played tons of other horror games, though I think Slender and Amnesia are the only two that compare to Whiteday. Does anyone have some other horror games to recommend? I'm still waiting on Invisible Stalker and Routine

Re: Other Horror Games

John
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Yes  Thanks for Routine by the way. I'll be following that.
First off, let me go by saying I think that the only truly scary slender games were "Slender" and "Slender's Woods".

Anyway, here's one that's quite interesting:

-The Nameless Game (ナナシ ノ ゲエム)
This game is a Japanese Nintendo DS game based around the whole "haunted gaming" type thing (creepy glitches). It's not scary, but it's sure as hell creepy if you really concentrate on the game and what's going on. The controls are hard on a PC and you'll have to find a way to flip a DS emulator to play it. I will find a way to post it here.

I will update this with more. There are more that I know.

Re: Other Horror Games

Seth
Too bad Nanashi no Game wasn't released in english, I'd buy that in heartbeat.  I'll definitely grab Black Snow, looks good.  Thanks for those.

Re: Other Horror Games

RadicalR
No, but it is in English - assuming you have a flash cart.

I suppose the Fatal Frame series would count? Fatal Frame 2 in particular...

Re: Other Horror Games

SKULLCRUSHER
Is it hard to get a DS emulator working or is it just certain games?

Re: Other Horror Games

John
Administrator
Well, if you're trying to get Nanashi no Game to work, good luck. It took me ages - And it's stopped working again haha.

The best (and pretty much only) emulators to play this particular game properly are: No$GBA WITH No$Zoomer - So that you can rotate the DS screen when you need to (pretty much all the time, and you're constantly switching between the two).

Amongst the internet there are 4 types of download for this ROM as far as I know:
1 - The original Japanese ROM.
2 - A patcher for the original Japanese ROM which will create an English ROM from the Japanese original. However, this patcher ONLY WORKS with the ORIGINAL japanese ROM.
3 - A pre-patched English ROM.
4 - Some modded variant of the original Japanese ROM - These will not work with the patcher.

Good luck. I'll try to get this working again for me too, and I'll send you it if you hadn't got it working yet.

Re: Other Horror Games

Seth
Another game that is early in development that looks promising is Among the Sleep.  It's a first-person game where you play as a 2-year-old.  The graphics are amazing and the atmosphere is very immersing.  The alpha demo is playable-
http://www.krillbite.com/ats/
dom

slender woods

dom