White Day remake graphic engine

12

White Day remake graphic engine

yuki
if possible, what is better engine for a new white day? unreal engine sems not not good. The original engine of Sonnori was perfect but I think that a new engine that improve shadows and light in more natural way can be very nice. SCARE "remake" was interesting but shadows and darknss were low quality ( the "old" darkness effect of original remain the best darkness effect of game world :) )

Re: White Day remake graphic engine

hgdagon
Darkplaces. Definitely. Importing maps would be no problem (DP recognizes BSP v220 just fine), models should be converted, that would be a bit time consuming. And then some coding. Unreal Engine would be the worst choice. Wang Real engine is related to Unreal Engine only with it's name. But it's actually a modified Half Life engine. So for a remake a "21st century-updated" Quake-derivative engine would be the one and only right choice. And here you have Darkplaces, which is free and open-source.

Re: White Day remake graphic engine

yuki
I hope so, a modern remake or sequel or something similar ( japanese school ? ) I dream ^^

I searched this  Schoolmaze on net but I not found it, there is a link ?

Re: White Day remake graphic engine

hgdagon
Here's the website's http://pnen.kr.pe/

When you click on it, it says "Testers signing is over" or something like that.
This far they only released this one trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHb7CW_cTJw
I actually signed up for the testing, but they never contacted me back. At worst, this is just a hoax, at best, they were looking for people who speak Korean.

Re: White Day remake graphic engine

yuki
I have seen video, it seems that engine is the same of old White Day with little graphic restyling, I hope some different features especially on annoying janitors :P

the site not works, its a dead project? pity :(

its a curse on remakes of White Day...the master of labyrinth maybe XD

there arent other news on this project, what are the features of project? its an ongoing or dead project ? when this project is started ? its a graphic restyling or new gameplay ? I hope more paranormal that janitors and why not a female main character?

No other info is known.
But, you know what I'd like? An episodic remake from the original creators. I'd like to play trough other occurrences in that haunted school.

Re: White Day remake graphic engine

yuki
I wish a sort of remake more focused on paranormal than chasing janitors game. The ghost stories depicted in game can became alternative episode stories and why not a female main protagonist.

can be nice the white day school in daylight session too. I think that white day universe can be expanded with ghost stories of agenda book.

there is many potential to develop but original creators seems disbanded :(

Re: White Day remake graphic engine

hgdagon
First of all, when I played the game, I hardly ever saw the janitors. Staying away from them is really easy, they just add to the tension. As for the team being disbanded, it doesn't matter. Take LuasArts' games, for example. TellTale games releases new Monkey Island Games, Double Fine recently released Grim Fandango Remastered. If there's motivation, the original creator can actually revive the project.

Re: White Day remake graphic engine

yuki
yes janitors can be avoided easily but I wanted more exploration time corpse party style more :)

yes but title is 2001, devs are not back by several years now, it seems an abandoned title and its a pity because white day is a cult now.

they can achieve success if title go to STEAM and give tools and editors for community.

yes its possible buy rights from ex Sonnori devs but its necessay more visible commercial success in worldwide.

White Day is a cult but not enough famous to gain attention by enterprises that can resources to develop a new project.

an alternative solution is a fan project launched on kickstarter but its a risk investment because a fan dev team must purchase rights from ex-sonnori and a new project request great economic support by fans of all world.

this kickstarter project must be announced on mainstream social media like facebook and steam ( greenlight support ).

darkness and SCARE projects havent enough visibility on social media to remain active and supported.
12