using nop tools?

123

using nop tools?

lamm
(I'm pretty sure I'm just being stupid, so I apologize in advance for asking this. Usually I can use Google to solve these problems, but it's so hard to find anything on this game.)

I want to mess around with White Day's files, and after looking around on the forum I found the nop tools that you can use to access the .nop files. But... I can't figure out how to use them. I was wondering if someone could explain it in more detail. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Re: using nop tools?

hgdagon
Just drag-and-drop the *.nop file on nopunpack.exe. If the Korean filenames are not displayed correctly after extration, sadly, I don't know of any other way other than changing your Windows Locale. But the filenames won't be of much trouble, if you just wanna take a peek inside.

Re: using nop tools?

lamm
I can drag and drop the files, but I don't know what to do after that. Where are the files supposed to be after using nopunpack?

Re: using nop tools?

hgdagon
1. DnD the *.nop file onto nopunpak.exe
2. A command prompt window should open, press "Enter" once.
3. The files/folders will be extracted to where the *.nop file is, so I'd recommend isolating them before unpacking

Alternatively, you can move the *.nop files that you wish to extract to a nop tools folder, and double click nopunpack.exe

Re: using nop tools?

lamm
Thanks for your help! I finally figured it out. I was using the nopunpack right, but I was trying to use the files from the game folder and it was causing an error. I just didn't realize because the error was showing up in Korean. Though I don't know what I was thinking not using backup files anyway.

Re: using nop tools?

BimmyLarter
Hey, I'm also messing with the files, want to help each other?

Re: using nop tools?

BimmyLarter
I have got the maps, and stuff into multiple things but the textures always mess me up. I can't find a way to link the wad files correctly. I also have access to the player models and all their animations.

Re: using nop tools?

BimmyLarter

Re: using nop tools?

hgdagon
Bimmylarter
Be aware that Whiteday Engine doesn't read BSP's inner Entity Table, but your BSP Editor does

Re: using nop tools?

BimmyLarter
Yeah, I am using the Crafty's object viewer, and I just found out I can open the bsp and found: "wad" "\whiteday\school_map\º»°ü1\whiteday.wad" in the code.
123