[v15.7] [SOLVED] Game running faster than it should?

12

[v15.7] [SOLVED] Game running faster than it should?

falcon269
This post was updated on .
Hello.

I'm experiencing some problems with game speed, and would like to know whether it's normal or if you guys know some way to fix it.

So the main problem I'm having is: on cutscenes when some character is talking, sentences (as in voice) get cut off before finishing and suddenly skips to the next line. I also think the game as a whole is kinda accelerated (most noticeable when making the character run).

I played a bit with video device settings, but didn't see any change. Also tried using compatibility mode for W98/ME, and while it DOES run slower (almost at normal speed I would say), sound ends up kinda buggy, and character voices just stop working altogether.

Is this normal? any ideas of what the problem could be? Thanks

My setup:
Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz; Windows XP SP3
3.25 GB RAM
GeForce 9800 GT

Re: [v14.1] Game running faster than it should?

John
Administrator
Those effects usually occur when you force White Day into a windowed mode... Strange. It's certainly not normal.
I'm a bit stumped as to what the problem might be at the moment, but I'll check back if I think of/find anything.

Re: [v14.1] Game running faster than it should?

falcon269
Thank you! Not sure if this is related, but I had to use 'compatibility mode for Windows 2000' for the 'Device Setting' window to work, otherwise I would get an error with korean text. After setting up my video options the 1st time, I don't need to use compatibility mode anymore, as the game runs without it (using it anyway didn't solve my speed problem either).

Administrator
Has v15.1 made any difference?

Re: [v14.1] Game running faster than it should?

falcon269
Just tried and no, it didn't.. :(

I remember having the exact same problem while trying to play Deus Ex on new systems

it was a known issue and the fix involved some dual-core or render issues..

Re: [v14.1] Game running faster than it should?

Jan Bouvrie
You could use a tool like CPUKiller to slow down the PC in general, or perhaps even disable (DirectX) sound / video hardware acceleration, or even loading up Task Manager's "Processes" tab, right-click the executable and "Set Affinity" to only 1 CPU core?

Re: [v14.1] Game running faster than it should?

falcon269
Yeah, already tried the Affinity thing, but no changes

Will try my luck playing a bit with CPUKiller and hardware acceleration, thank you !

Re: [v14.1] Game running faster than it should?

Sigrid
This post was updated on .
Same problem here, and i have your same GPU..... i've tried single and multi cpus, compability, everything that i can find, but no fix.... suggestions? =P

Edit: Just tried now and it works fine....... and all that i've done its clean some cache, and old dlls with Tune up... but i'm not quite sure that was it,  i will try to run it again later and inform.

Well I guess this is as fixed as it can be! I'll pick this post back up if I find anything new.

Re: [v14.1] Game running faster than it should?

Sigrid
Its fixed, i dont know what happened... im stunt hehe XP
12